Transvaginal Mesh Litigation
Till date, no less than 50,000 transvaginal vaginal mesh lawsuits have been filed all across the nation, and many more still anticipated while some are awaiting justice. Because of the high volume of litigation, several multidistrict litigations (MDLs) have been created. This helps to consolidate federal cases, moderate redundancy in the investigation procedure and streamline the entire legal process. On behalf of individual plaintiffs, several sizable settlements have already been and talks are reportedly underway with a number of manufacturers where the ultimate intention is of reaching a large-scale resolution.
Once the FDA began to warn patients about the complications arising from transvaginal mesh implants and that they are not rare events, more number of complaints and bladder mesh lawsuit piled up. The chief complaints are against the manufacturers such as:
- American Medical Systems
- Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon subsidiary
- Boston Scientific
- Cook Medical
Allegations Against Manufacturers
Victims who filed lawsuits for being implemented with defective TVMs state that manufacturers “had a legal duty to ensure the safety and effectiveness of their pelvic mesh products” however, in place of warning them of the potential risks, it provided patients with “false and misleading information” about how safe and effective the products supposedly were. In fact, the devices were approved for use of general public based on “weak evidence,” according to a 2017 study in BMJ.
According to the mesh lawsuit update, the victims accuse the mesh manufacturers of the following:
- Intentionally misleading the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the medical community, and the public about the proper safety and effectiveness of the devices
- Failed to do proper tests for the products
- Failure to research the risks of the products
- Failed to provide any safe and effective methods to remove the eroded mesh
- Failing to sufficiently warn people of possible complications and injuries
At SettleOurTVM, the attorneys leave no stone unturned to help their clients get the maximum possible fair compensation. When it comes to fighting for your right to financial recovery, the attorneys will fight to get the damage awards for the following:
- Past, current and future medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity/ reduced earning
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
- Loss of consortium for both the patient and spouse
Choosing the right Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer
When the time comes to engage the services of the top notch transvaginal mesh lawyer, you need to keep in mind that that you should work with experienced firms. Also, the attorneys should have verifiable experience handling pelvic mesh litigation and who have a confirmable history of success.
The attorneys at SettleOurTVM knows how to take care of each and every case and are committed to provide open and honest communication for every doubt you might face.